If you are running the World of Warcraft 64bit client, be sure to remove the files from your WoW folder before launching the game today. When the launcher attempts to apply the 4.3.4 patch, it will corrupt the game just as it did when they pushed the 4.3.3 patch.
If you forget to remove these files, the patch will apply and then the launcher will tell you there was an internal error and instructs you to contact technical support. If this happens, remove the files and re-run the launcher – it will perform a game repair and then re-apply the patch.
I will update this blog post once Blizzard has posted a new 64 bit client.
UPDATE: The 4.3.4 64 bit client is now available from the following Blizzard Post:┬áhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988300405
After waiting all day for the official patch notes to come out, I kid you not – here they are:
- Fixed several client-side bugs.
- Modified code and content support for the Scroll of Resurrection system.
Blizzard pushed the 4.3.3 patch for World of Warcraft today. Knowing the patch was being released, I decided to go ahead and let the launcher apply the patch before the maintenance was complete (need to be ready to go when the servers are back up, of course). However, when the progress bar hit the near 100% mark, I got a message on my screen stating that the patcher had hit an internal error and instructed me to contact Blizzard technical support. Unsure exactly what caused this, I moved all of the 64-bit client files out of the WoW directory and re-ran the launcher. At this point, I got a message stating that data corruption was detected and the launcher was repairing the game. Once the repair was complete, it started the 4.3.3 patch over again – this time it completed successfully.
In short – if you are running the 64-bit game client, I would suggest you remove the 64 bit files before you run the launcher to get the 4.3.3 patch. The following files should be removed from your WoW install directory:
Once these are removed, the patch should complete without error. This problem was confirmed by Blizzard Support in the following blue post:┬áhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079625547
The official post does not mention the Scan-64.dll file, but since it was installed as part of the 64-bit client, I removed it as well. The official 64-bit client post from Blizzard currently lists the 4.3.3 patch for x64 as “coming soon”. Hopefully it doesn’t take too awful long – Wow-64 runs much smoother on my machine (running Windows 7, 64 bit) than the 32 bit version.
Update: The 4.3.3 64-bit client is available for download. The Blizzard official post about it is here:┬áhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988300405
The Unknown Worlds team have release a new patch they’ve been referring to as “Gorilla”.
The team have been teasing players about this mystery patch via Twitter, their forums and their Facebook page for quite a while now.
Here’s the changelog:
- You can now evolve to Onos when your team has three hives.
- The Onos can toss marines with his Gore attack, smash structures and Stomp on the ground, sending a shockwave that disables marine structures for 5 seconds. Upgrades are no longer available, sentries stop firing, Infantry Portals stop spawning, etc.
- Added Prototype Lab and the ability to research and buy Jetpacks
- Added new map: ns2_mineshaft
- Added camera animation and display during count down phase.
- Name tags now appear over the head of nearby teammates.
- Added lines for rally points.
- Mines detonate when hit by Stomp.
- Added an option to enable mouse acceleration (off by default)
- Infestation is now displayed on minimap (dying infestation is indicated red)
- Added some missing Marine structure icons.
- Reduced Rifle butt range from 1.5 meters to 1 meter (now same as Skulk bite)
- Shotgun damage changed to Light (armor is twice as effective against it). Made it lighter to carry and increased the damage to compensate (# of shots vs. base Skulks, Lerks and Fades should unchanged, 1 extra pellet vs. Gorges). So Shotguns should become less effective against heavily armored targets. (thanks Schimmel!)
- Bile bomb range and splash increased a lot, damage decreased somewhat and energy cost decreased a little (trying to make Gorge less vulnerable on front lines and also more able to do at least some damage to entrenched Marines). He is NASTY now, watch out.
- Increased Hydra health from 500 to 600 and armor from 0 to 75.
- Increased Lerk Spike cost from 1.5 to 2.5. Changed distribution of Command Station health and armor so it’s more resistent vs. Light damage (ie, Lerk Spikes).
- Disabled res for kills to simplify the game, remove confusion about what happens when you make a kill, reduce end-game stalemates with 1 tower and to increase the strategic aspects of the game.
- Armory no longer required to drop med packs (unnecessarily restrictive during rushes)
- Lowered bile bomb damage from 300 to 225.
- Increased repair rate for Marines repairing each others’ armor from 18 to 35 (to make it less annoying and to allow Marines to sustain attacks better).
- Reverted Fade carapace armor buff from 50 to 30.
- Removed Lerk "hide" armor.
- Reduced Shotgun research time from 40 to 20 (it was 0 in NS1). Helps Marines get a foothold with early aggression.
- Increased minimum egg spawn time from 8 to 10 seconds to less that early Alien assault (now it’s the same as Marines)
- Lowered infantry portal build time from 10 seconds to 7, and Armory from 15 to 12 (to try to lessen effectiveness of Skulk rush)
- Moved warehouse north.
- Removed north-east Warehouse entrance.
- Opened tram tunnel between Server and Warehouse.
- Reworked connecting corridors into Warehouse.
- Fixed drifter pathing issues between Server and Control.
- Fixed bug where the Gorge Bile Bomb ability used the Spit ability icon.
- Fixed bug where the Gorge Mini Cyst ability used the Hydra ability icon.
- Fixed script error if a Hive was destroyed while the Gorge that built it as Commander was a rag doll.
- Cleaned up some Client console spam when a Fade blinks.
- Fixed script error caused by a spectating player receiving points by getting a kill with a structure placed when they were not a spectator.
- Added placeholder icons for the Shell and Veil.
- Fixed bug where the game would randomly lockup while placing a Cyst.
- Drifter spawn sound effect will no longer play at world origin.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Skulks from leaping at maximum speed.
- Fixed bug where the physics representations for the Armory and Infantry Portal did not match up with the visual model.
- Weapon secondary attacks can no longer occur at the same time as primary attacks while coming out of a sprint in some cases.
- Armory buy menu will not instantly appear once construction is completed.
- Adjusted Skulk wall walking smoothing rates so that that the 3rd person model rotates more quickly to match the 1st person model (especially while jumping)
- Health and Ammo packs can now be dropped directly on top of a Marine player.
- Restored reloading of script files when they change on disk.
- Fixed Whip ‘grenade whack’
- Bombard projectiles will not collide with the Whip and nearby friendly structures anymore and is created at the correct attach point.
- Alien player names for Hydra kills will no longer appear in blue text in the death message.
- Fixed a bug causing Mini Cysts placed by the Gorge to be disconnected when created even in cases where the ghost model indicated the connection was valid.
- Fixed bug causing dropped weapons to disappear too quickly if they were picked up and dropped again after initially being dropped.
- AI units cannot attack friendly players anymore unless FF is enabled.
- Fixed bug causing script error when a Cyst died due to not being connected to a Hive.
- Fixed crash when too many objects are visible.
- PhysX scene now supports mirrored geometry.
- Initial team starting locations chosen with a more random method.
- Mine will detect enemies more accurately.
- Slime effect during sprinting will not show up in thirdperson anymore.
- The ARC will prioritize other structures before Eggs and Cysts.
- Player turn poses (arms moving with feet planted on the ground) reset once the player starts moving.
- Fixed multi-threading crash when using the o_stats console command.
- The "getting ready to spawn" blue spin effect now disappears immediately upon the Infantry Portal being destroyed.
- Fixed bug where the Spore cloud would be created improperly when a Lerk was not moving.
- Fixed bug where connecting to the localhost would cause the game to go into an infinite loop.
- Fixed bug where Marines would spawn above the Infantry Portal platform.
- Added "warp" console command to teleport to a position in space when cheats are on, "warp 0 0 0" for example.
- Improved Skulk wall walking (sticks better to surfaces, thanks matso!)
- Skulks can now leap from mid-air, ala NS1.
- The "locate" Client console command will constantly display the local player’s location on the screen if "true" is given as a parameter.
- Added Mine icon for death messages (Thanks Saba!)
- Reformatted Scoreboard so more player names can fit on the screen at the same time.
- Server name is now displayed at the top of the Scoreboard.
- Improved ScenarioHandler (Thanks Matso!)
- Removed Bile Bomb hit sound when Gorge creates a structure.
- Optimized network fields in Structure, CloakableMixin, ScriptActor and PowerPoint (thanks Matso!)
- Reserve memory for faceSets (prevents excessive allocation)
- Reduced networked bandwidth for Camoflauge by eliminating an unnecessary network field (thanks Matso!)
- Reduced networked bandwidth for Skulks by eliminating wall walking network variables (thanks Matso!)
- Optimized Door auto-opening.
- Reduced number of cells CollisionGrid queries look through.
- Reduced network bandwidth required to send which fields of an Entity changed (uses indexing scheme when only a few fields changed and a bitmask when many changed)
- Reduced network bandwidth usage for entities that have energy.
- Reduced bandwidth for transmitting attachment points for entities by 26 bits.
- Reduced bandwidth for transmitting angles.
- Eliminated lastTimePlayerMoved networked field in Player.
- Mines require less processing time to check for nearby enemies.
- Reduced bandwidth by 20 bytes per second for each Entity sent to the client.
- Changed particle effects to only update if they were visible last frame.
- Slightly more aggressive compiler optimization options.
- Added Vector:Add method.
- Added Shared.SortEntitiesByDistance.
- Removed ProximityGrid.
- Added sphere query to CollisionGrid.
- Added EntityQueryManager (fast queries for entities within range, uses CollisionGrid)
- Exposed EntityQueryManager to Lua, started converting script to use new API.
- Added support to ObjectTagQueryManager for testing whether entity has a specific tag.
- Entities get tagged with their class name (and base class names). Tag is prefixed with ‘class:’.
- Added time network variable type.
- Added "private" network fields which are only sent to the client controlling the Entity.
- Added support for networking floating point values as fixed point (specified as float (<min> to <max> by <step>)
- Added Client.GetServerName() function to return the name of the server the client is connected to.
- Added Server.GetName() function to return the name of the server.
- Added Server.GetFrameRate() function to return the current tick rate of the server.
- Added Mersenne twister Randomizer class to Lua, same API as Lua random functions but better generator.
We hope you enjoy this mega-build with us!
And here’s the trailer you can watch whilst the patch downloads:
Here’s the patch notes for today’s patch:
1.1.1 Patch Notes — 1/31/2012
Classes and Combat
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.
- Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.
- Players revived by other players, including by in-combat revival abilities, now revive with 25% of maximum health.
- Freezing Force: Now correctly lasts 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.
- Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heals all affected targets once when applied.
- Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
- K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
- Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.
- Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
- Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
- Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.
- Sweeping Blasters can now be made free with Thermal Sensor Override.
- Oil Slick now correctly costs no heat to activate.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Bulwark’s Area of Effect cone abilities now properly fire in the direction Bulwark is facing.
- Some of Bulwark’s abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.
The False Emperor
- Fixed a conversation that could cause the cinematic with Arkis Wode to function incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the final fight in this Flashpoint from beginning after the cinematic.
- The final boss can no longer become stuck in an invulnerable state; there was still a small window where this could occur.
The Red Reaper
- Lord Kherus now grants less experience.
- Some of Lord Kherus’s abilities have had their damage values adjusted to be more in line with the level of the Flashpoint.
- Players now enter into melee range with Lord Kherus in order to stop him from throwing crates.
- Players no longer randomly die in this Operation after being in Gharj’s lava.
- Foreman Crusher’s enrage now includes a movement speed increase, allowing him to catch players who attempt to run.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Materials Disposal Unit’s main control station from becoming useable again after the Operation Group is defeated by the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator on 16-man Hard Mode.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator from deploying the correct number of Proximity Pulse Mines and Security Stun Drones during combat.
- The damage from G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator’s sticky pulse grenade will scales appropriately for the selected Operation difficulty level.
- Karagga no longer fires his Unstable Energy twice in a row.
- Taking the shuttle after defeating Karagga no longer transports players to the incorrect hangar.
- Walls that were missing in Karagga’s Palace are now in place.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players in Operations Groups from receiving credit for the missions “[WEEKLY] Deadly Operations,” “[WEEKLY] Galactic Operations,” and “Journey to the Belsavis Depths.” The entire Operations Group now receives credit when the objective is completed.
- Comparative tooltips for researched items no longer have their stats reversed.
Missions and NPCs
- Declaration of War: The mission will now progress as intended when players interact with their ship’s holoterminal.
- Debriefing: The ship Holoterminal conversation related to this mission is no longer repeatable.
- The Eagle’s Nest: The Assassin’s Fortress mission is now correctly a prerequisite for this mission.
- Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented Bounty Hunters from leaving The Founder.
- The Mandalorian Killer: Thendys Noori no longer continues to heal Kellian Jarro after she has surrendered.
- Reallocation: The final mission conversation will now begin as intended when players interact with their ship’s holoterminal.
- The Voice of Darkness: Fixed an issue that could cause Class Story mission progression to enter an incorrect state.
- Death Spiral: Fixed an issue that prevented Jedi Knights who completed the Commander Rayfel encounter from using the shuttle back to Belsavis Orbital Station.
- Kintan Behemoths no longer occasionally walk on top of trees when in combat.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones.
- Players are no longer able to climb out of the attacking team spawn area in the hangar before the match starts.
- Additional base turrets now protect the taxi location inside each faction’s base.
- Added two daily mission commendations to the high-level space dailies Operation Ascendant Pride (Imperial) and Operation New Eclipse (Republic).
- Attempting to loot an item in a group when the Master Looter is off-planet now generates an error message.
- The leader of an Operations Group will no longer receive an incorrect message informing them that their companion has been dismissed.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Special items related to different editions of the game have been re-sent if they were deleted by the mail system prior to being claimed.
Natural-Selection 2 has been updated to include the following changes:
- Buying mines now gives you 2 mines instead of 3.
- Increased mine arm time from 3 seconds to 4 (to reduce them in-combat).
- Mine health, armor, and point value lowered.
- Mines now set off other nearby mines when they explode.
- Alien commanders are no longer able to see flamethrower effects when they don’t have LOS to the Marine firing it.
- Dropped weapons no longer collide with the player controller.
- Fixed bug where console commands on the server were not properly verified to be coming from a local client.
- Fixed bug where players were not always frozen during the round start countdown period.
- Fixed bug where sometimes ready room players could become frozen during the round start countdown period.
- Fixed bug where the game did not use the Lua entry points specified in the game_setup.xml file.
- Fixed rally points.
- Fixed various script errors (thanks dePara!).
- Prevent slowing down of leap when leaping off a wall.
- Removed additional resource display for alien buy menu.
- Restored docking props to the build.
- Changed nano-shield "create" and "take damage" sounds from 2D to 3D (so you don’t hear them everywhere).
- Skulks will not land on their back anymore when jumping from the ceiling in tight corridors.
- Less dubstepy nano shield damage sound.
Restart your Steam client if the auto-update didn’t kick in.
The first patch of The Old Republic comes on 12/27, and with it comes a lot of bug fixes and a nerf to slicing’s rewards. The performance issues for some people on Taris has been addressed and stated to be resolved, as well as other notable issues such as┬áharvest-able┬ánodes being unable to be clicked and flashpoint/operation bugs. Below is the official notes (which can be located on SWTOR.com’s website┬áhere).
1.0.1 Patch Notes 12/27/2011
Classes and Combat
- Combat Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.
- Abilities that require Companion Characters now always correctly require a companion.
- NPCs no longer attempt to engage vanity pets in combat.
- Imperial Agent
- Operative -┬áThe tooltip for Acid Blade now displays the correct information.
- Companion Characters
- Kira Carson -┬áFixed an issue that could cause Kira’s affection progression to become blocked.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- Companion Character dialogue now plays at the correct volume.
- ┬áGathering Skills
- Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills.
- Adjusted incorrect values for medium slicing boxes.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Mandalorian Raiders -┬áCrowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.
- Colicoid War Game -┬áAn issue that prevented some players from mounting turrets in this Flashpoint has been corrected.
- The Red Reaper -┬áDarth Ikoral now uses his abilities correctly.
- Directive 7 -┬áMentor now resets correctly if he defeats the player group.
- Bug Fixes
- All players in a group who have a daily Flashpoint mission now get credit for completing that Flashpoint.
- ┬áEternity Vault
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to instantly die when affected by Soa’s knockback.
- Turrets in Normal Mode no longer behave as turrets from Hard Mode.
- Players are now able to properly obtain loot from chests.
- The Ancient Pylons now spawn enemies at the correct intervals.
- Karagga’s Palace
- Players no longer need to reset this Operation if they do not defeat Bonethrasher.
- Corrected an issue that caused some players to become stuck at the throne room door.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- PvP lockboxes can no longer be sold for credits.
- Fixed incorrect item rewards from PvP leveling lockboxes.
Missions and NPCs
- A New Master: Defeating Teeno no longer causes him to surrender on top of Phyne, making him difficult to interact with.
- General Faraire: All of Khourlet’s Elite Guards are now accessible by the player.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a mission-related issue that could cause poor performance and client crashes on Taris for some players.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- Corrected several instances of non-interactive NPCs appearing and disappearing from the player’s view.
- Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.
- Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- Corrected an issue that could prevent some players from entering the Voidstar.
- Made adjustments to prevent attacking players from reaching the doors in the reactor core before bridges are extended.
- ┬áBug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from accepting pending mission rewards.
- Targeting a friendly player no longer occasionally displays incorrect text for the character’s name.
- Corrected an issue that could cause some auction expirations to behave incorrectly.
- The splash screen no longer displays longer than the “accept changes” dialogue when changing resolutions on some computers.
- Master Looter now works correctly for items being looted from chests.
- The server select screen no longer displays over the character select after being disconnected for being away.
- Corrected an issue that could cause mission mapnotes to disappear when a new mission is obtained.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Special characters no longer display incorrectly in the French credits.
- Remaining baby names have been added to the credits.
- Corrected a link that displayed in French and German versions when the servers are unavailable.
Over the last few weeks since the 4.3 patch to Word of Warcraft there have been numerous tweaks and hot-fixes. Here is a complete list of all of the changes made to the 4.3 patch since its release.
- Algaefin Rockfish no longer swim in schools, and schools of Deepsea Sagefish have taken their place along many coastlines.
- Multi-Shot, modified by the talent Serpent Spread, should now properly spread Serpent Sting to other targets that are within range when a nearby player is affected by Serpent Sting.
- Horde Paladins should find that Judgement of Truth now properly triggers item procs that it is intended to trigger.
- Dungeons and Raids
- Helix Gearbreaker’s Stickybomb should no longer break Stealth.
- Vanessa VanCleef’s Vigorous VanCleef Vindicator achievement should no longer break Stealth.
- Vortex Pinnacle
- Minister of Air
- The knockback for Lightning Nova has been reduced from roughly 12 yards to 8 yards on normal difficulty, and from18 yards to 12 yards on Heroic difficulty.
- Minister of Air
- Well of Eternity
- Felhounds, Doomguard Devestators, and Felguards are no longer capable of dealing critical hits.
- Amani’shi Warbringer’s damage has been reduced by 12%.
- Amani’shi Medicine Man’s summoned Protective Ward health has been reduced by 60%.
- When an Amani’shi Scout is alerted, he now idles for 1 second before running to summon reinforcement.
- Amani’shi Reinforcement’s damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Amani’shi Flame Casters’ Fireball Volley now inflicts less damage.
- Jana’lai’s Flame Breath ability now inflicts less persistent fire damage.
- In Dragonhawk form, Daakara’s Flame Whirl spell increases fire damage taken by a lesser amount.
- Daakara’s Creeping Paralysis now inflicts less damage.
- Berserking Boulder Roller’s Boulders now inflict less damage.
- Bloodlord Mandokir’s Decapitate cooldown has been increased by 5 seconds.
- Gurubashi Shadow Hunters are now immune to Disarm.
- Gurubashi Shadow Hunter’s Shadowed Shot ability now inflicts less damage.
- Gurubashi Blood Drinker’s Blood Leech ability now inflicts less damage.
- Lesser Priest of Bethekk’s Shadowflame ability now inflicts less periodic damage.
- High Priestess Kilnara’s Wave of Agony now deals less damage.
- Jin’do’s Twisted Spirit health has been reduced.
- Jin’do’s Twisted Spirit damage has been reduced.
- Jin’do’s Shadows of Hakkar now inflicts less damage.
- Dragon Soul
- Double Stomp damage should now only come down on the heads of the two players closest to the boss.
- Ice Waves will not spawn until Hagara finishes casting Frozen Tempest.
- Spell immunity mechanics such as Ice Block and Divine Shield should now temporarily block damage from Watery Entrenchment, but should not remove the debuff.
- Ice Tomb can no longer be avoided by a raid of players all standing within a smokebomb.
- Yor’sahj the Unsleeping
- Yor’sahj now deals triple melee damage to player-controlled pets and targets them with Void Bolt.
- The Firebloom heal triggered by the Druid tier-12 should no longer cause Deep Corruption.
- Yor’sahj’s damage has been reduced by up to 10% on 25-player Heroic difficulty, bringing the difficulty of the encounter closer to that of 10-player Heroic difficulty.
- Spine of Deathwing
- A Safe Fall aura has been added to the start of the encounter, preventing players from taking falling damage, should their parachutes end early.
- Corrupted Bloods now use Burst regardless of crowd control conditions, including silence.
- Madness of Deathwing
- Deathwing should no longer fire two Elementium Meteors when a limb tentacle is destroyed at the same time that Deathwing is casting Elementium Meteor.
- Timepiece of the Bronze Flight has been given an additional red socket.
- Players on the quest Patricide can no longer receive the Fragment of Deathwing’s Jaw while in a Raid Finder group.
- Graham Van Talen should no longer incorrectly offer Gnome Engineering and Goblin Engineering once the player has sufficient Engineering skill level.
- Pelturas Whitemoon should now be quite willing to complete the quest Orendil’s Cure for multiple players.
- Players are now able to complete the quest Trial of the Naaru: Mercy by beating the 55-minute timer.
These are the current patch notes for WoW 4.3 as of time of this post. If things change once Blizzard lists them as ÔÇ£OfficialÔÇØ, we will be sure to publish any updates.
New Dungeon & Raid Content
- End Time is now available for testing. Your participation and feedback here is appreciated.
- Hour of Twilight is now available for testing. Your participation and feedback here is appreciated.
- Well of Eternity is now available for testing. Your participation and feedback here is appreciated.
- The new Baradin Hold boss, Alizabal, is now available for testing. Your participation and feedbackhere is appreciated.
- Dragon Soul is now available for testing. Your participation and feedback is appreciated. For the latest testing schedule, please visit the PTR Discussion forum here.
- This new grouping feature allows players to quickly and easily form a pick-up raid for a specially tuned version of the current tier of endgame content: the Dragon Soul raid. Raid Finder is now available for testing. Your participation and feedback here is appreciated.
- This new feature allows players to customize their gear like never before. You’ll find Transmogrification, Void Storage, and Reforging vendors in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar. The costs associated with this service are not yet final.
- In addition to the bank, players will now have access to a new “deep storage” system, allowing characters to free bag space by setting aside coveted gear. You’ll find Transmogrification, Void Storage, and Reforging vendors in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar. The costs associated with this service are not yet final.
- The former Reforging vendors have been… retired. The ethereals have chosen to take over the business and joined their Transmogrification and Void Storage service providers. You’ll find them in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar.
Outland & Northrend Quest Flow
- The amount of experience needed to gain levels 71 through 80 has been reduced by approximately 33%.
- Many Group quests in Outland and Northrend have been re-tuned to allow players to complete them solo. They are no longer labeled as Group quests.
- Relevant questgivers have been moved into Outland and Northrend dungeons. The majority of dungeon quests for these zones are now available from within their respective dungeons.
North American realms (excluding Brazilian, Latin American, and Oceanic realms) no longer permit letters with accents in character or guild names. Existing character and guild names with special characters will be unaffected by this change.
- The achievement Master of Alterac Valley no longer requires the Alterac Valley Blitz achievement.
- The achievement Tol Barad Veteran now requires 25 victories in Tol Barad, down from 100.